Natural Indigestion Remedies for Acid Reflux
Does your painful acid reflux and stash of antacids have you wishing that you had a natural indigestion remedy? You’re not alone. Americans spend over 3 billion dollars a year on over-the-counter antacids. The good news is that there are natural acid reflux remedies that will have you throwing out your “plop-plop, fizz-fizz” Alka-Seltzer and painlessly enjoying your meals again.
ACID REFLUX – A SYMPTOM IS A SIGN
Like all symptoms, indigestion is a call for help. It is your body’s way of signaling to you that your digestive tract is compromised and needs some relief, repair and rebalancing. While antacids and pain-relief medications can hide the pain, the real call-to-action is to solve the problem with natural indigestion remedies.
NATURAL INDIGESTION REMEDIES: Foods That Help Acid Reflux
- Increase living foods and food combine – Living foods supply the key enzymes we need to break down our meals, while food combining ensures quick digestion and keeps the digestive tract moving.
- Reduce processed foods – Processed foods are void of nutrients and place a big burden on our digestive tracts.
- Eat smaller portions and take more time – American culture has us eating huge amounts and usually on the run. Taking time to chew your food, and being mindful of smaller portions gives the body the necessary relief it needs to digest thoroughly.
- Reduce over-the-counter medications – Unlike gentle, natural acid reflux remedies, meds like antacids, aspirin, and cold medications add toxic burden to our digestive system. They can prevent vitamin absorption and create an unnatural acidic environment that breeds disease.
- Avoid inflammatory foods – Foods & beverages like alcohol, coffee, sugar, dairy, white breads and pastas are some of the worst culprits of inflammation and digestive imbalance.
- Increase probiotics – A good quality probiotic will seed the gut with healthy bacteria that increases the body’s strength, immunity and balance – the body’s best, most natural indigestion remedy!
- Relax – Diet will take you as far as your emotional health will allow. How much you hold onto stress, fear, control, and anger will determine your body’s ability to relax, repair and create total health.
Acid reflux is a wake up call and a great opportunity to rebalance the body. At DTX Cellular Evolution in New York City, our experience tells us that one of the quickest ways to reboot is through colon hydrotherapy. Cleaning out the built-up toxicity in our guts is a foundation for total balance. Add any of the the natural acid reflux remedies above to your colon hydrotherapy protocol and you’ll fall in love with a whole new level of health. Contact us today to learn more!