We offer the suggestions below because we want your colonic to be as successful as possible! If you can only implement one or two suggestions, that’s okay, small steps lead to great changes. No need to get stressed. We’ll guide you once we’ve had the chance to work with you and understand your goals. In the meantime, here's a food combining "smart chart" to help you design your meal choices.
Suggestions for 1-7 Days before your colonic:
- Fresh veggie juice in the morning. Do not mix juice with other foods and leave 30-40 minutes before moving on to fruit or another meal.
- Hydrate: Water is an amazing tool to help colon function (add lemon/lime).
- Increase your salads and keep the dressings simple (Olive oil + lemon).
- Increase cooked veggies - steamed, roasted or sautéed.
- If you choose to eat protein, choose the lighter versions (fish, fresh turkey, chicken).
- Gluten free grains: quinoa, wild rice, millet, buckwheat, red rice.
- Choose vegan treats if you absolutely must go for a sweet.
- Ezekiel or gluten free bread if you’re craving toast.
Day of colonic:
Of course this all depends on the time of your colonic - morning vs. evening:
- This is a great day to eat lighter.
- Allow 2-3 hours between a meal, preferably a salad, and your session if possible.
- If you’re scheduled early - simply have warm water with lemon or veggie juice in the morning.
- If you’re scheduled in p.m. juice and salad will serve your session best.
- If you’re hungry and want a piece of fruit, go for it. 1 hour or more before session best.
- Red Meat
- Cheese, milk, soy
- Processed meats and foods
- Cheese puffs, pastries, cakes, breads - white or wheat
We know that life gets busy and you may have events to go to after your session… BUT in order to give yourself the chance for the best experience, it would be great if you minded the following to avoid bloating:
- Continue the prep suggestions for another day or two.
- Alcohol-Boozing after a colonic is just crazy - be kind to yourself.
- You may be sensitive to processed foods like pasta and cheese.
- Skip carbonation. Drinking gas puts more gas in your body.