How to Fight Fatigue, Combat Stress and Boost Your Energy Reserves
During challenging times as these it is very easy to get overwhelmed. This added stress can cause fatigue at a time when you need the most energy. But there are ways to fight fatigue, combat stress and boost your energy and it’s easier than you might think. There are foods that fight fatigue, and building your diet around them can make a world of difference in the way you feel.
Foods that Fight Fatigue by Decreasing Inflammation
Many of us are low on energy because our bodies are in a constant state of low-level inflammation, so it’s important to eat the foods that fight fatigue and avoid those that cause it, like sugar and alcohol, for example. If you’re wondering how to fight fatigue on a daily basis, you’ll want to follow an anti-inflammatory diet. Fortunately, this is easy to do. Here are some basics to keep in mind:
- “Veg out.” Vegetables are perhaps the best foods to fight fatigue. They help boost your energy levels because they are easy to assimilate. They contain fiber, which helps move food through your system naturally, and they are less irritating to the colon than foods like animal products, or processed and refined foods. Vegetables leave less residue behind, and less residue means less inflammation.
- Almost all vegetables will help your body reduce its level of inflammation but some are such high performers that that you’ll want to give them a starring role whenever possible. Try any of these members of the Brassica family, which all are great sources of the flavonoids and anti-oxidants your body craves to fight fatigue:
- Kale – tear the leaves from the rib to use in a salad, or try it sautéed with ginger and garlic, or lightly steamed with a touch of lemon juice.
- Cabbage – shred it and add a light dressing, or use it in a soup.
- Broccoli and Cauliflower – great in salads and stir-fry dishes, or steamed in a small amount of bouillon seasoned water (Seitenbacher’s broth is great) but also try these cruciferous superstars steamed, with lemon and a sprinkle of Bragg’s Amino Acids for a simple, yummy side dish.
- Avocado, mushrooms, onions and garlic should also be staples on your shopping list of foods that fight fatigue.
- Spice things up! Many spices, including cinnamon, cloves, and ginger are powerful and delicious ways to fight inflammation. Turmeric, which lends its bright yellow color to curry, deserves special mention for its inflammation-fighting abilities. Try it in stir fries or even smoothies.
- Go nuts! Walnuts, particularly, can help keep inflammation at bay. In one study as little as four walnuts increased blood levels of omega-3s, which help the body manage inflammation. 4 walnuts! Now that’s how to fight fatigue!
And colonics! NYC is not just stressful because it is fast-paced. It’s also dirty, and your system is pretty much constantly under attack. Your body needs all the help it can get to “take out the trash.” Juicing will flood your cells with readily-available nutrients, and colonics will flush out the stuff that’s dragging you down. Together, they’re a dynamic duo in the how-to-fight-fatigue arsenal, and are sure to boost your energy level and your mood.
So now you know how to fight fatigue! We know you’ll put that extra energy to good use!
Please contact us or give us a call at 212-644-1040 for more information and to book a colonic or infrared sauna.