Gravity Method of Colon Hydrotherapy: An Introduction
Why Gravity & Not a Machine?
- There are essentially two methods of Colonic Hydrotherapy: the pressurized or machine method, or the Gravity Method. The Co-Founders of DTX Cellular Evolution have chosen the Gravity Method Colonic because they believe in the gentle power of gravity. As practicing colon therapists since 2001, they have experienced both methods, and find gravity-centered colonics deliver the best results. We encourage you to do your own comparison!
The Simplicity and Ease of Gravity
- The Gravity Method is the original method of colon hydrotherapy. The body is more receptive to the gentle flow of water via natural means.
- During the colonic session, your colon hydrotherapist directs the treatment in unison with the water.
- Most people, who are new to colonics, feel that the process is much easier and more relaxing than they anticipate.
The Mechanics of a Gravity Method Colonic
- There is a 5-gallon tank of water suspended 3 feet above your body, which will be filled several times during the session.
- As the water enters your body it will simultaneously exit, thus allowing you to feel an emphasis on the exit rather than the input of water.
- Your elimination is contained in a closed tube, and you will be covered with a drape sheet for privacy. Each DTX colon therapist is trained to support you and help you feel comfortable during your session.
The Instrument – A Speculum
- The instrument, which is lubricated and gently inserted to the rectum, is called a speculum.
- At DTX, you have the choice between a stainless steel speculum, which is completely sterilized via a three step process, or a plastic disposable one.
- Surgical tubing (made of firm rubber material) conveys water into the body, and water/waste out of the body directly into the plumbing. This tubing is changed after each client to maintain utmost hygienic standards.
Your Colon Hydrotherapist
- Your colon therapist will be in tune with your body throughout the treatment via abdominal massage and a gentle manual pulsing of the tube that carries the water and waste out of your body.
- We pride ourselves on sharing an abundance of information regarding food combining, vegetable juicing, exercise, and answering any questions you have regarding the work.
- The therapists who work here are all practicing the lifestyle. You will see the benefits of the work exemplified by them as soon as you walk through the door.
How We Sterilize our Stainless Steel Speculums: A 3 Step Process
- 1st: Our speculums are scrubbed and rinsed with soap and hot water.
- 2nd: The instruments are soaked in a powerful, disinfecting solution of 35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide.
- 3rd: They are placed into a Medical-Grade autoclave for heat sterilization, similar to what is used by doctors, dentists, etc.
Contact DTX to Make Your Colonic Appointment in NYC!
If you have any further questions that were not answered here, your therapist will be happy to address them with you privately before your session begins. Remember, it is common to be a bit nervous before your first colonic. We make the process comfortable, and will set your mind at ease. If you’re ready to schedule a colonic with DTX NYC, contact us today! And if you have questions regarding the process, fill out a form online on our Contact Us page.